Live Events & Classes
Would you like to upgrade your portfolio and add plaster relief to your repertoire OR are you dreaming of creating a family heirloom that will last for generations? I can help you create beautiful, one-of-a-kind plaster relief art pieces that will wow your clients, family, or friends. Join me for online or live classes and learn the art of plaster relief.
Chinoiserie In Plaster Relief by Ellie Ellis
Tue, Jun 21, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wed, Jun 22, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Where: 2022 IDAL Convention
Cost: $ 425
- •An introduction to interior Bas Relief/ High Relief and what it takes to create these reliefs on walls and panels.
- Learn some mold casting techniques and how to apply your cast ornament onto your Chinoiserie Panel.
- ‘Learn what plasters to use (not all plasters are created equal) for creating relief.
- Learn how to mix the plaster-what additives to use-and how to apply it.
- Learn some simple carving, sculpting and texturing techniques in plaster. • Learn the best process on sealing, painting, enhancing and finishing your reliefs for beauty and longevity • Experience working with products and tools for interior sculpted relief. • Learn this ancient craft of plasterwork to enhance your portfolio.
- Take home 1 sample board of a Chinoiserie Stucco Panel. The size of panel is 2ft x 3ft
- Take home the molds that you have used during the class.
- Detailed class notes, plus additional pertinent information concerning Bas Relief.
- Information on all products, how to use these products and where to purchase them.
All skill levels welcome!
Plaster Modern Minimalist Wave Art Class
Details and registration coming soon!
I highly recommend taking Ellie’s class. Ellie is a great teacher and has a wealth of knowledge in her raft. She’s very kind and generous and always willing to help her students. We left learning a lot! Thank you Ellie!
– The Artists Republic Custom Decorative Finishes